Sunday, November 9, 2008

St. Olaf visit

I haven't been down to St. Olaf in ~6 weeks, so I decided that I was due to take a trip down and visit some people. I let some people know I was coming, biked to my parents house, borrowed a car and heading down to St. Olaf for the day on Saturday. It was an excellent trip and I'm so glad I went. I got to catch up with a lot of people I haven't seen for a while.

Upon arrival, I discovered that my chapel buddies were camping out for the day in the fireside room, so they were conveniently gathered in one place. I briefly chatted with them, but they were heading off to lunch. (Apparently they were allowed to leave the fireside room to get food.)


Then, I went and sat in the chapel for a while because I really like being there and I figured everybody would be at lunch. While there, I finished reading Ezekiel, which was cool, because I have a history of getting stuck in the major prophets when I try to read through the bible, but now I'm through them. Upon leaving the chapel I called Beth to find her, and ironically, she had been sitting in the chapel too. So I we chatted for a while. (Note: this is an older picture of Beth)


Next on the list, I visited my former Hoyme residents and discovered them preparing to put on a Vaudeville style act for Am Con. It involved April trying to dress as a dude...


...and Kevin trying to dress as a midget...


Next, I visited, in order, Scott (former resident now a JC), Kathryn (former camp co-counselor), and Lindsey and Grace (former residents now JCs).

Then, it was on to the main event. I was joining Sarah, Cheno, and Susan for dinner at Hogan Bros. and hopefully some sort of shenanigans (at least, I was hoping for some sort of shenanigans.) Happily, I was not disappointed. Hogan Bros involved some mild silliness...


Later in the night we decided to roam campus and visited the new science center, because I wanted to see it. There, Chenoa, got herself stuck in a hole in the middle of a table.


I was also excited to discover that we can go on the roof. There is a deck type opening where there was biology type of stuff going on. We also discovered how to take a picture of a ghost...


Overall, it was a wonderful outing with these three...


The whole trip was great, although I wish that I had gotten down for a visit earlier. Seeing all my old friends made we want to make sure that I don't lose touch with people. I should probably get down to St. Olaf more often. I like how I can act like a kid around my friends there. I normally feel like I have to act too grown up these days. I can't just goof around and be silly.

No comments: