Thursday, February 26, 2009

Valentines Day

This post is coming a bit after the fact, but it was a blog worthy day. I didn't think that the romantic dinner and flowers and chocolates was really the way Cia and I work, but I wanted to do something special. So, instead, I took her to a park. http://www.co.rice.mn.us/parks/cannon.php This is all the information you can find online about the park. Doesn't say exactly where it is; doesn't say how to get there. The only reason I know about it is because I stumbled on it during a training ride a couple summers ago. Because it's such an obscure park, it is fairly rustic and there were only a few other people there. It was a beautiful day and just cold enough that there was lot's of cool ice formations.


Being little kids at heart, we spend quite some time kicking the ice at the edge of the river to watch it break and float off.


To make the day extra fun, we had a fire, because burning stuff is always good.


It was a fantastic day. I'm so glad the weather decided to cooperate with my plans.

No comments: