Saturday, October 18, 2008

Commuting

One of the best parts about where I currently live is the commute. When I don't want to bike, I have the campus connector bus. Now, while some people may not consider walking 15 min to a bus as the ideal morning commute, I actually quite enjoy it. The walk is across the fair grounds, which, for the most part are empty. With the fall colors, it is especially beautiful and inspired me to bring my camera along for one commute.

There are chainsaw sculptures all over the fair grounds. Sometimes they startle me at night, because it looks like there is a person standing next to the sidewalk.

Why do they line the road with concrete sphere's? I don't know, but they look kind of cool.

The last five minutes of the walk are along this fence which is not the most pretty...

...except that now the leaves are bright yellow.


Surprisingly, this is one of the few pieces of litter I have seen. I would have expected a little bit more on the fair grounds.

At the end of the walk is the bus, which runs every 5 minutes, so there is never a very long wait for the bus.

No comments: